Saturday, August 20, 2011

baptism day.

On Monday, August 15th, Lincoln was baptized.
It was so neat the weeks before spending all of our Family Home Evenings preparing him for his big day.

The spirit was so strong and there were so many people there. We felt so much love.

When we walked outside after Becca gave her talk on baptism, there was a rainbow! It was so pretty. It reminded me of the song "I like to look for rainbows". How fitting for our day.

The Chagrin River was rolling! It made me a little nervous!

I couldn't take my eyes off my little Lincoln. It's still hard to believe that he's old enough to be baptized!

Jeremy was so sweet when he talked to him right before the ordinance happened. Whispering last minute instructions to him.

The spirit was so strong. What an incredible experience to be baptized in the river that a lot of the early saints were baptized in so many years ago. We are so grateful to live here and to have had the opportunity to do so.

I asked him how he felt when I was helping him get changed after it was over. He looked at me through chattering teeth and said, "Very clean... and very cold!"

Kristen gave the talk on the Holy Ghost after we all walked back inside. And then he received the Holy Ghost. Again, the spirit was so strong. I hope Lincoln will remember how he felt for the rest of his life.

I am so grateful to all of our friends and family that were able to be there with us on his special day. I am so proud of Lincoln and the choice he made to get baptized. It is an incredible feeling, watching your children make such good choices. What an unforgettable day.

1 comment:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

WE are so proud of you Link! What a special day.