Gracie and I love going to the theater together. We try to go as often as we can, which ends up being about twice a year if we're lucky. We always get dolled up. This time we were off to see The Nutcracker Ballet with all of the girls her age in our ward and their mommies. She picked both of our outfits out for the night.
We carpooled with one of the families which made it even more fun. I loved hearing the girls talk on the way there. At one point they were talking about their daddies jobs and Gracie told them, "My daddy is learning how to be a boss. He's going to be a boss of an entire doctors office! He gets to say, 'no working on Sundays!'"Once inside we found the rest of our group which included Gracie's best friend, Eve.
For the first half we got to sit with our girls... and then we decided to let them sit together. Aren't they so cute? They all loved the show. My favorite was when one of them turned around and asked, "Why are they naked?" (they weren't... they just had nude colored costumes on, so it looked like they were.)
Us mom's sat behind them for the second half. These ladies are so much fun. They have become lifelong friends. I love them so much.
At some point the girls moved onto the stairwell to see better. There was a little boy that had an actual nutcracker that he let them play with. (it's blurry... but I still love it.)
The boys mom insisted that I take a picture of all of them on the stairway with the stage because it was "so magical!" (again... blurry, but I still love it.)
These were Gracie's favorite dancers. She asked me multiple times if she can learn to dance like these girls. I told her that once Daddy is working, she can take a ballet class if she would like to.
The whole cast taking a bow. It was a wonderful show. There were parts that I remember from my childhood that weren't included in this particular show (like the Russian dance), but I still adored every minute of it.
All of the girls around the giant Christmas tree after the show. We gave each of them a locket and they've been wearing them ever since! Adorable.
1 comment:
what a fun tradition!
Post a Comment