Wednesday, December 21, 2011

christmas!

Christmas morning was fabulous.  The kids woke us up bright and early at 5:30am.  They all slept in the attic together and had the best time.  We managed to hold them off until 6.  By then the whispered sounds of Jingle Bells had become a roaring chorus and we feared that they would wake the neighbors if we didn't let them up!  (For the record... I was awake at 5.  I would have let them get up then but Daddy insisted on getting a little more sleep.)
All lined up youngest to oldest waiting to go downstairs to see what fun things Santa brought for them!  They wrote him a letter asking him to please come a little early and were thrilled when he sent a letter back to them.  He let them know that it would be a wonderful idea to give the reindeer a practice run before the big day.  We let Peter sleep in since he needs his beauty sleep more than anyone else.  (Okay, really so that he didn't destroy anything and everything in his path, and the older kids could enjoy opening their presents without the little buddy roaming around.)
He came!  I love that first look on their faces when they see all of the packages!  It is the best thing ever.
We didn't take very many pictures because we were enjoying the moment.  I picked my very favorite one... Grace was so excited to unwrap this package.  It had her Lalaloopsy treehouse that she's been "dying for!!!"
Here's another.  Graham was so excited for his giant Mator.  He is practically a member of the family now as he has taken up residence in the boys room.  They've had a lot of fun coloring him over the past few weeks.
When Peter finally woke up it was perfect.  We were all done unwrapping everything else and so he got the spotlight for his first Christmas ever!  He would have been content with this one little present.  His very own little 'ipod'.  It plays the most delightful music.  We've all enjoyed this little toy.
After having several anxiety attacks because there was wrapping paper and trash and toys strung from the attic to the basement... I was able to calm down and just enjoy the day with all of the kids.  We spent the next two days all by ourselves.  We ignored the world and lived in our own little shell.  It was wonderful.  We built lego sets, played dolls, lalaloopsies, board games.  It really was like a dream world.  I even got to go out and do some clothes shopping all by myself one afternoon.  Magical, I tell you.
The kids enjoyed having sleepovers together in their new giant toys.  The boys slept in mator and the girls slept in Jayne's castle.  The giggling and whispering went on for awhile each night but it was Christmas and we didn't care.  I think Graham is the only one that lasted all night.  The others made their way to their beds after a little while.

No comments: