Wednesday, September 14, 2011

more sites.

The Book of Mormon printing press is always fun to visit because Aunt Becca got to spend some time there when she was on her mission. She served in Rochester and was able to serve on the sites for a little bit. She loves this place... so we love this place!
Lincoln was a very big helper... driving Peter around.

Jayne had to pose for a picture....

We were in a big group and then the nice Senior missionary decided that we needed our own 'kid version' of the tour. It was great! He made it much more interactive. He asked the kids to find the gold plates... they were hiding under the white sheet!

He let them feel the rope... and lots of other stuff. So nice of him.

I was shocked when he asked for helpers and let the kids come behind the fence and actually touch the stuff! They were in heaven... here's Graham helping him put the ink on.

Lincoln taught us how they got the paper dry.

And Gracie showed us how they folded the paper before putting them all together. They even let each kid take home a sheet!

He was so hands on, you can tell he missed his grandchildren. :)

Unfortunately... our camera died right after this stop. I was so sad I cried a little. Our next stop was the old Smith home and the sacred grove. Both of which were filled with photo opportunities. I tried to just enjoy it... but I kept thinking of all of the pictures we were missing out on!


The sacred grove wasn't the experience that we had hoped for. It was raining a little, but the trees kept most of it off of us. The hard part was the mosquitoes! There were so many of them we were racing through the grove to escape from them. I counted 18 on my body alone. Three on my right ear... 7 on my neck. It was brutal. We still managed to see the beauty all around us though. It was breathtaking. I can't wait to go back again.


Lincoln's favorite part of the sacred grove was when he found and caught a little frog! He was showing Peter and the frog jumped right out of his hand onto Peter's face! It was pretty funny.

We made some fun memories on this trip!

No comments: