The Fablehaven series. It's a fun little 5-book series about two children and their grandparents. It's full of mystical creatures and just enough like Harry Potter that it kept my interest... that is until the last book when I got completely bored. I'm sure I'll finish it sometime soon.
The Help. This is one that pulled at my heartstrings. I haven't read a book that has captivated me so much in a long time. I enjoyed every single word. The movie is incredible as well.
Austenland. I loved this book. It was such a quick, fun read. Anything with hints of Mr. Darcy has me hooked in no time. (Although I haven't actually read anything by Jane Austen... the movies are my favorite, favorite. I think I might try Sense and Sensibility.)
Sisterhood Everlasting. If you've read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series... you must read this. It takes place 10 years after the final Sisterhood book. I laughed, cried and wanted to rip my hair out because I was so frustrated with one of the characters. I hated it in the beginning, but grew to love it. (You'll understand if/when you read it.)
The Guernsey Literacy and Potato Peel Pie Society. This book is adorable. It is written in letter format, set in 1946, right after World War II. It tells the story of a woman who finds herself falling in love with a little island and a group of people she's never met before. I savored every word of this book.
Eat Pray Love. I have just started this one. I keep it in the car and read a little each day while I wait for the kids to get out of school. (I have to get there at least 15 minutes early to get a close spot near the Kindergarteners.) I love the movie... hopefully I love the book just as much.Do you have any recommendations for me?
2 comments:
I love to read too. But a lot of what i read are crime books. True crime and such so i don't know if you would like that. Right now i am reading about Jaycee Dugard. Pretty interesting....
Most of all my books are crime scene investigation stuff...don't know if you would be interested. But there is this one book i truly enjoyed reading. That didn't involved any crime. I'll have to look for it and let you know the name.
I LOVED "Walk Two Moons". It's a real tear-jerker though, so be prepared. It was hard for me to get past the first two chapters, but after that I couldn't put it down. Also, "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend" I have heard is a book, but I have seen the movie on Netflix. The movie is AMAZING (tear-jerker with a twist at the end). It was REALLY clean, REALLY good, and REALLY emotional!! HAHA! I loved it. I'll have to try out a few of the ones you rec.
Post a Comment