Friday, June 10, 2011

christensen fun!

After spending some time with our Wilde family, we went over to to see the Christensen's. I loved that I got to spend so much time with Natalie. We have always been buds. I'm still kicking myself for not taking her up on the offer to have a sleepover at her apartment. That would have been so much fun. She asked me multiple times if she could keep Peter. She loves him.
We got to be there to my little brother Nathan's graduation... more on that later.

Most of the kids time was spent in Grandma's backyard playing with their cousins. I think I saw them about 30% of the time we were there. They were just too busy playing.Gramma and Grampa have a very kid friendly backyard with playhouses (from my childhood!), a trampoline, bikes, and even a tether ball!Grampa is always so cute with the babies. Almost everyone was meeting Peter for the first time on this trip. Grampa got to meet him at the Health Center when I brought him up because he was wheezing. Luckily one of the pediatricians looked at him for me and she helped us stay out of the hospital by prescribing breathing treatments every four hours. Looks like Peter is going to have all of the same asthma trouble as Lincoln. Joy of joys.
My oldest brother, Matt and his family came down for the weekend. I had the best time with them and even more fun getting to know their kids. Connor is a hoot! He and Graham are really close in age. They had a great time being silly together. They are eating the remains of Nate's graduation cake straight out of the box in this picture. My one regret for this trip was that we didn't plan enough time at my parent's house with just our family. While it's fun to have everyone there all at once... I didn't get enough one on one time with my parents and siblings at home. We'll have to remember that for next time. Lincoln really enjoyed watching my mom use her awesome quilting machine. She did four quilts for me while I was there.

No comments: