Another Halloween has come and gone... We are still on sugar overload two days later. It was a good year. I decided to be an awesome mom and spent the entire week before making costume after costume. It was so worth it when I heard Grace say to Lincoln, "We are so lucky that we have a mommy that makes our costumes for us. Not all kids have that." Priceless. Here they are all ready to go to the trunk-or-treat with daddy.
Graham was Perry the Platypus and Peter was Peter Pan. Jeremy hadn't come home from work yet when I took these pictures... so I didn't have anyone to help me get their attention and act like a lunatic trying to get them to all smile pretty.
He came home just in time to don his costume (Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz) and have a mini-battle with his arch nemesis Perry. (Tinkerbell insisted on staying in a few more pictures...)
Who is winning?
Perry always wins...
Sometimes they are best friends instead of enemies...
But only sometimes.
Lincoln was so excited to be Frankenstein. I had a lot of fun with his costume. Mostly because I just had to shred some jeans and make his hat. The rest was borrowed or store bought. I ran out of gas by the time I got around to making his...
He had a lot of fun posing for these pictures...
I heard through the grapevine that he was in the running for the best children's costume at the trunk-or-treat. Jeremy left early so we never found out who actually won. He would have been thrilled at that news!
Grace was dying to be Little Red Riding Hood this year. I had the best time making her costume. It turned into such a work of art. I love it.
We had tickets to see The Wizard of Oz musical with one of her best friends the night of the trunk-or-treat. It was so fun spending time with my sweet girl.
Turns out two of her Wilde cousins were also Little Red Riding Hood this year! How I wish we could have gotten pictures with all three of them together...
Isn't she pretty?
For school, Lincoln was an I spy book...
His friends had fun finding all of the items... we only lost a few of them as the day went on...
More fun with Perry!
He is so good at posing.
We debated between Peter Pan and Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater for this little guy. Peter Pan won.
He loved playing with his little sword.
Jeremy really wanted to paint his head blue and have him be baby Megamind... I wouldn't let him.
Tinkerbell and Peter Pan!
She is our best little poser ever.
This is her favorite pose.
Love the hips...
Practicing her flying!
I had every intention of being Wendy to go along with Peter Pan. I just ran out of time after I had made everyone elses... remind me to start earlier next year! Maybe I can convince everyone to do one big theme next year... we'll see.
2 comments:
The costumes all turned out really cute! You're one talented gal to be able to sew all of those costumes in time! I don't know how you do it! Well, we wish you lived next door to us too. This winter we should all get together more in doors so we don't go stir crazy. You're welcome over here anytime!!! :)
The costumes turned out FANTASTIC. You do such a good job Rochelle. I love the Little Red costume, she looks just beautiful. Your kids are the cutest. I've wanted to do a family theme EVERY YEAR and it just never happens because my big kids have their own opinions on what they want to be. I always say MAYBE NEXT YEAR...we'll see ;)
Post a Comment