Each year around Halloween the Elementary School has a Book Character Celebration. Basically it is a round-about way of letting them dress up for Halloween. I don't think I'll ever understand why they can't just dress-up for Halloween. So many silly rules. Anyway.... they each choose a book character and dress up like that Character for the day. They bring along the book and share it with the class, and then they have a big costume parade around the school. This year we went all out... it was a lot of fun. (Jayne and Peter always dress up too... so they fit right in when we visit the school.)
I hung out in Graham's class before the parade. The principal stopped by for a picture. I believe it's on the school districts website now!Hey, where's Perry?
My beautiful Little Red Riding Hood...
Lincoln was an I spy book. We won lots of creative points for that one...
We are in love with his teacher this year. She's young and fresh out of school. She is so much fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment