The kids have been begging to change up their bedrooms. The girls wanted the boys, the boys wanted the girls... and Lincoln wanted the attic. I knew that it was going to be a big project... but decided to go ahead and do it on a Saturday when Jeremy was away. Seriously?! What was I thinking!
It started catastrophically. I told the kids that we needed to clean their rooms first... and then switch. Because we all know it's easier to swap a clean room than a dirty one. While I said, "Clean your rooms." The kids heard, "Dump all of your toys into the hallway. Scatter them and get them all mixed up." Legos, princesses, bakugans, lalaloopsies... all over the place. It was a nightmare. After a mini-breakdown and a text to Jeremy (something along the lines of, "I'm running away when you get home. Today stinks."), we got to work. After several hours of work... we ended up with this: The girls new room (they sleep on the bottom bunk together. Sleepovers every night! You should hear their giggles... adorable.)
Graham and Peter's new room (Peter crib will be moved over as soon as Jeremy has a minute to breathe... he's one busy guy.)
Lincoln's new little nook in the attic. We compromised. He's in heaven.The rest of it is still my craft space and storage for all the kids clothes.
Although it started out as a big fat headache... I think we did a pretty good job.
2 comments:
Awesome!! I need to change my girls room into the bunks. I keep putting it off because of the headache. I need to just bite the bullet.
way to go! I have a kids sleeping in my craft room/clothes storage room too!
Post a Comment