Tuesday, February 15, 2011
cinnamon rolls.
Okay, I confess. We bribe our kids. It doesn't happen everyday.... but yes, we bribe them to do certain things. Whenever Jeremy happens to be gone at bedtime... I bribe the kids with cinnamon rolls for breakfast the next morning if they get in bed and go to sleep quickly. (Don't think too highly of me... I only make Rhode's Cinnamon Rolls. I take them out of the freezer, stick them in a 9x13 pan in the fridge overnight and bake them in the morning. Voila... cinnamon rolls). One morning they sat and waited for them to finish baking. They lined up all on their own and sat there for a good 10-15 minutes.
They even made up a little song while they waited. This is Lincoln in a silly mood... Send me your favorite cinnamon roll recipe... maybe I'll try to make them sometime when I am feeling really ambitious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is the recipe I use, super easy and super good. :)
Heidi's 1 hour Cinnamon Rolls
Dough:
5 1/4 c white unbleached bread flour
1/4 c sugar
1/2 Tablespoon salt
1 1/2 Tablespoon instant yeast
1 egg
2 c HOT water
Mix dry ingredients. Add egg and water. Mix for 1 minute and check consistency. If dough is too dry, add a tiny amount of water. If too moist, add a little flour. Mix for 5 minutes. Spray counter with Pam. Roll out dough until it is about 16 by 21 inches.
Filling:
1 c brown sugar
2 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/3 c softened butter
Spread the softened butter over the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the surface.
Roll the dough up from the long side and cut into 16 slices. Place into 2 9x13 pans prepared with Pam. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes. Bake at 400 for 13 minutes( adjust the time according to your oven)
Icing:
1 stick butter, softened
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 c cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
While the rolls are baking, beat cream cheese and butter until combined, add vanilla, salt and sugar and beat until fluffy--a few seconds. When rolls are done immediately spread with icing.
They are best eaten warm.
That's a pretty good bribe :) That picture reminds me of watching the chocolate chip cookies bake with Jayne and Graham when I was there :) My mom has a good cinnamon rolls recipe you could try. I have never attempted it myself...
Post a Comment