After the film we headed over to a little outdoor concert our friends were hosting. Jeremy was bummed that the band was putting away their instruments as we walked in... but they were nice enough to play one more song just for us. We both love concerts... so it was the perfect way to end our date! Thursday, July 21, 2011
24 hour date!
People often ask me how we've adjusted to our five kids. Let me tell you, it's tough sometimes! My life revolves around kids, church callings, cooking and cleaning. I wouldn't have it any other way. Luckily we have awesome friends that love date night as much as we do. We try to swap every Friday and Saturday so that both of us get a date each week. Our kids get along fantastically too. It's been a dream.
As if a date each week weren't enough... we decided to swap overnight dates as needed from now on! We took our turn baby-sitting last month and were able to take our turn going out last weekend. It was so nice to be kid-free for a day! We decided to stay at a local bed and breakfast not too far from our friends house. It was adorable.
I made chocolate covered strawberries and raspberries for the occasion. They were so yummy!
We enjoyed walking around Main Street at night. Willoughby is such a darling little town. We plan to settle down near here next year when Jeremy is finished with school.
I love that every time we've been over here there is always a stream of parked motorcycles outside one of the pubs.
We checked out most of the restaurants and settled on this little Bistro for dinner. I thought we would be eating some form of grilled meat... but nope. Brick oven cooked thin crust pizzas. I got the margherita pizza (crushed tomatoes, basil and mozzarella slices... all fresh and organic). I drool just thinking about it! It was so yummy.
After dinner we decided that we wanted to go see a movie. It was very liberating driving to the theater not knowing if there was a movie playing that we wanted to see or not. Let alone if it would be playing anytime soon or if we'd have to wait forever. We felt like teenagers again! We ended up going to see Sourcecode. SUCH a good flick. The perfect amount of action and romance. Perfect for date night. We ended up having about an hour to kill... so we walked to the nearby grocery store and bought candy to sneak in. (Jelly belly's for me... chocolate for Jer.)
The next morning we got up and ate a delicious breakfast. Our B&B host really outdid herself. Then we decided to head to the Lake and take a romantic walk on the 'beach'. The scenery was gorgeous! The wildflowers and calm water made it very picturesque.
We enjoyed walking in the shallow waves without having to worry about where the kids were, or if Graham was drowning.
After the lake we went shopping. Jeremy played in the electronics section at Target while I purchased six new shirts. They were much needed. My wardrobe is pretty scarce these days. We finished shopping and headed to see Harry Potter! I love, love, loved it. Perfect ending to such a wonderful series. I can't wait to own them all someday.
After the film we headed over to a little outdoor concert our friends were hosting. Jeremy was bummed that the band was putting away their instruments as we walked in... but they were nice enough to play one more song just for us. We both love concerts... so it was the perfect way to end our date!
I am so lucky to be married to my best friend. Keeping a marriage alive is hard work... add five kids and stressful callings to the mix and it makes it even harder. I'm so glad that I get to go on this journey of life with such an incredible man. He is my rock and I love him so much.
After the film we headed over to a little outdoor concert our friends were hosting. Jeremy was bummed that the band was putting away their instruments as we walked in... but they were nice enough to play one more song just for us. We both love concerts... so it was the perfect way to end our date!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like the perfect date! That's awesome that you have friends who will swap babysitting with you!
Sounds awesome!
Post a Comment